- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Role is predominantly based in the Orbital office. Visits to client premises/sites will be infrequent but could involve overnight stays.
- This position reports to: Engineering Manager
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- Support the E/C&I design department in the production of complete drawing packages including accurate dimensions.
- Using AutoCAD Electrical 2018, must be able to –
- Produce fully automated drawings, quickly & accurately making full use of the AutoCAD Electrical Software.
- Develop specialised & appropriately detailed AutoCAD Electrical blocks using the Symbol Builder.
- Lay out accurate electrical and instrumentation panels using the panel builder.
- Develop generic, re-useable circuits using the Circuit Builder function and archive/file them correctly.
- Use Autodesk Vault to control & archive file blocks and templates correctly.
- Run all report types (BOM, PLC I/O Terminals) to verify control system design.
- Assist in developing and maintaining set electrical standards used across the organisation aiming for continual improvement.
- To update and modify drawings in line with the Orbital QA procedures where modifications are required via ECN system.
- To assist and support other members of the CAD department.
- Provide CAD training and mentoring to Junior Engineers.
- To be proficient with AutoCAD Electrical 2018
- Bentley Microstation V8i/Connect 10
- To be proficient in the use of Excel and Microsoft Product Range
- To be a team player and support the development of the CAD operations with a personal desire for continual improvement.
- To be able to work on own initiative & prioritise workload.
- Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry or Petrochem