- Working Hours: Monday to Friday
- This position is based at our either our Thyson offices in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire or our Orbital Offices near Stone in Staffordshire.
- This position reports to: Group Proposals Manager
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- Review tender documents, study scope of works and applicable standards.
- Produce project and system estimations (bill of materials) with structure and definition, supported as required by the group design engineers.
- Develop the bid cost estimate for project activities and services, including staff, manpower, construction equipment/consumables, assets, plant materials and subcontracts.
- Produce conceptual designs, with support as required by the group design engineers, however becoming self sufficient as experience is gained in the systems and solutions the group offer.
- Contribute to bid project schedules and understanding of construction equipment to be utilised.
- Working with group buyer to ensure latest best costs are being utilised, providing opportunity feedback to assist in group discounts and buying.
- Identify the critical materials to be estimated on vendor quotations basis.
- Lead tender design reviews with lead engineering support team.
- Ensure the assessment of cost/schedule of all project activities (including management/engineering/procurement services).
- Prepare the bid price breakdown and any price/cost details (if required) for client use.
- Prepare the preliminary resource schedule forecast for internal use.
- Attend site survey and client visits, across the UK, overnight stays may be required from time to time.
- Produce quotations from time to time when requested.
- Write and maintain project case studies.
- Working within ISO9001.
- First class communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- An ownership ethos is critical, with ability and confidence to raise profile of deliverables when required.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Minimum HNC in relevant engineering subject (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Control & Instrumentation, Chemical, Energy, etc.)
- Awareness of H&S.
- Desire and aptitude to learn new skills.
- Candidates will ideally have experience in the bidding and tendering of control, instrumentation and mechanical modular package type projects.
- The successful candidate will provide the Group Proposals Manager with the best cost estimates in order to optimise the bid definition.
- At least 2 years’ experience within the engineering solutions industry.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Commercial awareness.
- IT literate, including Microsoft Office programmes.
- Approachable and trustworthy.
- Experience of working in the UK Oil, Gas, Petrochemical industry, Utility sectors.
- Knowledge of process, instrumentation, gas metering, analysers, modular process skids, measurement, and control
- Experience with CAD and Microsoft Project.
- Full driving licence