Control & Instrumentation Design EngineerJanuary 27, 2023
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (37.5 hours per week)
- This role is predominantly based in the Orbital office. Visits to client premises/sites will be infrequent but could involve overnight stays.
- This position reports to: Senior EC&I Engineer
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- Taking ownership of the C&I elements of project design packages.
- Complete C&I Designs to the required high standard on time and on budget.
- Create Risk assessments and Method statements where necessary.
- Liaising with various disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Software and CAD in respect to interface design.
- Attending meetings with the client for design reviews and progress updates.
- Prepare documentation for Formal Safety Assessments and for O&M manuals.
- Peer review the designs of fellow Engineers.
- Participate in Design Working Groups to enhance the design standards within the department.
- You must possess a minimum of HNC/HND in C&I Engineering or an associated discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of the design life cycle of a project.
- Experience working in a structured design engineering environment.
- Previous experience of producing C&I designs for hazardous area applications would be desirable although we would consider applications from individuals who have a working knowledge of ATEX regulations.
- Experience of producing designs for the oil & gas industry.