- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
- This position reports to: Customer Service Manager
- Undertake system calibration, repairs and maintenance activities on client sites, addressing any concerns arising throughout the process.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner.
- Comply with the organisation’s QHSE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
- To be provide support to the 24/7 service helpline by being On-Call on a rota basis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of servicing instrumentation equipment on client sites.
- 2 years’ experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
- HNC / HND in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
- Computer literate including use of MS Office programmes.
- Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
- Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
- 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the Biomethane industry.
- Previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
- Project management of small projects, coordinating activities associated with minor modifications on customer sites.