Group Service, Commissioning & Aftersales ManagerMay 15, 2023
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Approx 50:50 between both Orbital site (Cold Meece) and Thyson site (Ellesmere Port)
- This position reports to: Managing Director, but with dotted line responsibility into the respective Operations Directors of both Orbital and Thyson
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- To lead the Service, Commissioning & Spares team (c15-20 staff across 2 locations) enhancing team spirit, job satisfaction and maintaining staff turnover < 7.5%;
- To enhance the customer journey providing excellent levels of service whilst growing both turnover and profit in-line with budget;
- To organise the team structure and resources to deliver the above with a clear plan on training, development, and recruitment activities;
- To promote the nZero brand and the one-team approach;
- Create an environment where the effective input from the Innovation and Technology director can be maintained in respect of customer technical issues and staff training;
- To work as a team with Projects to ensure sufficient qualified resources are available to support Project FAT’s, and field install and commissioning works;
- To work as a team with Sales to ensure tenders related to the business unit are submitted on-time and of sufficient quality to be successful
- Oversee the operations of the business unit at each nZero Group company.
- Provide management direction and development support, and responsibility for the performance management of the team including setting of objectives and regular 1-2-1’s.
- Support the Group’s People, Customer and Process strategies.
- Support and deliver a leadership style that always promotes and upholds nZero’s values and behaviours.
- Review and report the business unit’s monthly performance on a timely basis, including a short form report for the board meeting.
- Review monthly analysis of turnover and gross profit information by Customer and Sector and investigate key variances from recent trends/expectations.
- Review and prepare short term invoicing and profit forecasts covering a 3 month look forward.
- Support the production of the annual budget and reforecast exercises.
- Monitor and maintain relevant KPI’s for the business unit.
- Resource planning.
- Customer SLA’s & timely responses.
- Monthly customer incident reports – tracking common issues and identifying proactive fixes.
- Out of hours support – resourcing, financial reward for employees, systems/processes, commercial pricing with customers.
- Contract renewals on a timely basis.
- Invoicing for all work done on a timely basis.
- Ensure team have the relevant resources to perform their tasks i.e. vehicles, PPE, RAMs, scope of works, training, calibrated equipment, materials etc.
- Ensure timely client reports are prepared, reviewed, and submitted prior to invoicing for such works.
- Ensure regular stock takes (premises and vehicles) and vehicle inspections are carried out.
- Review & approve timesheets, expenses, and holidays for relevant staff.
- Liaise with Innovation & Technology director regarding solutions to solve customer issues.
- Liaise with Engineering across the Group to ensure adequate resourcing and planning to support commissioning needs.
- Liaise with Head of Commercial to finalise charge out rates (typically revised every 6 months).
- Responsibility for tenders and pricing, in-line with nZero group parameters.
- Provide commercial support (pricing/margin) to all team members.
- Grow profitable turnover through added value services such as consultancy, training, and spares.
- Supporting credit control as and when required.
- Ensure project related work for the business unit customers is being adequately managed and resourced to deliver to customer expectations.
- Work with the Innovation & Technology director to ensure timely and relevant training is provided to the team.
- Maintain a documented system of policies, internal controls and procedures.
- Manage, review, apply and promote the Policies and Procedures of the nZero Group Quality Assurance and Environmental Management System to ensure success in relevant audits.
- Adhoc tasks where required.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others in line with the nZero procedures.
- Provide support and assistance to other engineering disciplines within the design team.
- Attend design working group meetings
Essential Job Requirements
- Engineering form of qualification – HND, Degree
- Competency in Office 365 – Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams, Sharepoint
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Management of profit and loss account.
- Alignment with company ‘Why’ and values.
- Positive approach, the want and will to work.
- Innate desire to perform and succeed.
- Honest. Straight to the point / No time for politics.
- Good communicator (written/verbal).
- Its about the company not about the individual.
- Eye for detail
- Reliable & takes responsibility
- Operated on a petrochemical or renewable energy site as a field engineer/tradesman (electrician, instrument fitter, ideally field commissioning, or service engineer) for c5+ years.
- Leadership experience for c2+ years.
Desirable Job Requirements
- Project Management
- Commercial contract negotiation including financial metrics such as profit margin and terms and conditions such as liquidated damages, performance bonds, performance guarantees and warranties.
- B2B customer service environment for c2+ years.
- Managing or operating in a 24/7 service environment for c1+ years.