- Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week – 8:00am to 4:30pm
- This role is based from our Staffordshire office however the individual will be required to travel to and work from client premises/sites. It is anticipated that the majority of your time will be spent on client sites.
- This position reports to: Construction Manager
- To supervise and motivate a team of multi-disciplined (Mechanical & Electrical) technicians assigned to the installation of Orbital systems on client sites throughout the UK and on some occasions overseas.
- To ensure the site installation programme has been fully reviewed and work programmes and budgets are agreed with Contract Management, prior to commencing site work.
- Whilst on client site, ensure daily reporting to the site coordinator on the project’s progress.
- To create and maintain the site project job file and make available for review by contract management and client’s project management officers.
- To manage the delivery of the site installation project activities ensuring the required standards and its quality achieving client contracted standards and in line with Orbital QA procedures and promote good engineering standards.
- To ensure the site is kept safe, tidy and hygienic to comply with Health & Safety legislation and the company QHSE procedures and internal/external audits.
- To co-ordinate and address issues, challenges and risks and managed jointly with Contract Management, i.e. project manager and project engineers.
- To establish a working relationship with the client’s supervisor ensuring effective co-ordination and delivery of the project.
- To ensure that your company van is kept fully stocked with materials and tools as required for the individual project and site.
- To ensure welfare facilities on site are kept to the required standard.
- Collate Non-Conformance Report (NCR) data using current systems for data capture in order that this information can be used for lessons learned corrective actions.
- Work in conjunction with Orbital’s Quality Engineer to devise preventative cost of non quality from NCR data.
- Re-train manufacturing staff on new and / or revised methods where required.
- Compile material returns reporting and organise material for controlled return to the central store.
- Dependant on permitry and CP requirements co-ordinate multi-site activity.
- To carry out pre-site surveys when necessary.
- To carry out installation work within your professional competency where the workload demands this.
At Orbital (Reporting into Orbital line management):
- Conduct and support stage and final inspection checks.
- Conduct Pressure testing of manufactured product.
- Conduct toolbox talks with emphasis on Continuous Improvement following NCR activity.
- Conduct and support site survey activities.
- Form part of internal Risk Assessor team.
- When required to do so and directed by Orbital line management assist in direct build/manufacturing activity.
- Conduct and support safety training for new control measures at site locations.
- Maintain Site Stakeholder weekly reports.
- Minimum of 5 years electrical/mechanical installation experience in an engineering-based company.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of managing installations to plan and budget.
- Relevant City & Guilds qualification for your discipline, i.e. 18th edition, Inspection & Test, Mechanical Pipefitting etc.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Clean Driving license.
- Awareness and experience of compliance with CDM Regulations.
- Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) qualification.
- First Aid at Work qualification.
- Good planning, communication & delegation skills.
- Experience within the oil & gas sectors
- HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- EUSR USHEA Gas Safety Passport qualification
- SCO91 Competent Person qualification
- QA/QE Qualification/Experience.
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- Temporary works Co-ordinator/Supervisor trained.
- Fire Marshal trained.