- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Location: This role is almost entirely based within the Orbital office premises. Occasional visits to the client office locations may be required.
- This position reports to: Junior Project Manager
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- Responsible for the compilation, logging, sending and receiving of all incoming and outgoing project documentation, including data books, design packs, change control requests, BOMs, variation quotations, resource requests etc.
- Perform project related administrative tasks such as photocopying/binding/filing and other ad-hoc tasks to support the Project Manager and Project Engineer.
- Raising procurement requests in line with project plans, BOM updates and updates to material delivery dates when instructed by the Procurement department.
- Participate in project update meetings and minute-taking when required.
- Coordination of subcontractors, site welfare, 3rd parties and design approvers and appraisers etc. to ensure purchase orders are in place and up to date delivery/completion dates are communicated to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate project update meetings including booking of meeting rooms and issuing invites to participants.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Take messages / handle all incoming telephone calls in relation to company business but most specifically in relation to the project(s) which you are supporting.
- Act as the project point of contact for travel/accommodation requests within your project(s).
- Provide temporary cover for reception / other administrative positions, taking phone calls, ordering lunches, and greeting visitors when required.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties within skillset.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Assisting Project Managers / Project Engineers with project reports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Administration-related experience in an office environment.
- Desire to Progress.
- Ability to prioritise workload and set deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of the MS Suite of applications. (Such as Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Ability to work within given deadlines as part of a team or individually.
- Can-do attitude.
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration.
- Basic understanding of PDF software such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Previous experience working with document control.
- General knowledge/understanding of engineering documentation such as General Arrangement drawings, design specifications, bill of materials, change requests etc.