Software EngineerApril 13, 2023
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- This role is based predominantly within our Staffordshire office however this does also require you to travel to client premises on an occasional and programme requirements basis to undertake software modifications, commissioning, or meetings.
- This position reports to: Senior Software Engineer
We appreciate that not every candidate will meet all of our skills and qualifications. If you feel that you don’t meet all of the skills and qualifications, but you feel you could add value to the role and our Company, then we would love to hear from you, so please apply!
- Programming of:
- Production of Design Documentation
- Testing of the full system utilising the developed software
- Commissioning of the integrated system on customer sites
- Providing software support to other departments within the business such as Service
- Troubleshooting Orbital systems in the field and offering appropriate support.
- Supporting other members of the team where possible with technical issues or questions.
- Effectively maintain development/design records in line with the Orbital QA system
- Provide support and assistance to other engineering disciplines within the design team.
- Attend design working group meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of IE61131-3 programming languages:
- ST (Structured Text) Orbitals language of choice
- FBD (Function Block Diagram)
- SFC (Sequential Function Chart)
- LLD (Ladder Logic)
- Experience with the complete software/systems design lifecycle.
- In-depth Knowledge of network / serial communications protocols and hardware.
- Drivers Licence
- Knowledge of Control and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Knowledge of the gas industry standards
- Knowledge of Operational Technology Cyber Security
- Experience across multiple PLC suppliers (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi)